Outpost Personal Firewall PRO Features:
- Detects all types of hacker attacks. The powerful Intrusion Detection System (IDS) built into Outpost protects your PC from both known and unknown types of hacker attacks. It screens inbound data and determines its legitimacy, either by comparing it against a set of known attack fingerprints or by performing behavior evaluation analysis.
- Protects all types of network connectivity. Outpost's Ethernet protection module protects network packets in transit — like chat sessions — from being hijacked. Such attacks can also disable or disrupt network connections and steal WiFi connectivity, so Outpost blocks any interference with network connectivity.
- Defeats all types of spyware infections. Outpost's Anti-Spyware module safeguards PCs against spyware infection and the loss of confidential information. Spyware is blocked at every possible stage — installation, activation, transmission of information and re-installation. Outpost's active spyware monitor makes sure no spyware can activate on your PC, by monitoring critical areas of the system and keeping them clean. The on-demand scanner scours the system for traces of deactivated spyware and erases them completely. Even if you disable active spyware protection during processor-intensive tasks like online games, new network connections are proactively verified in the background to be spyware-free before being allowed to proceed.
- Prevents all types of data theft. Outpost's comprehensive Anti-Leak function constantly monitors how your applications interact with one another, preventing malware programs from controlling trusted applications and accessing the network on their behalf. Anti-Leak protection guards against dozens of malware techniques designed to sneak personal data past the firewall's outbound sensors. And even if malware finds its way onto the system, it won't be able to transfer any data out of the network because the ID block function lets you define and lock down blocks of text, preventing them from being removed from the machine by any electronic means — IM, web access or email correspondence.
- Attachment quarantine. Attachment Quarantine protects you from the threat posed by accidentally opening email attachments that may contain viruses, worms or other malware and lets you customize which types of attachments Outpost should block.
- Network Activity Monitoring. Monitoring shows every connection between your machine and other computers on the Internet or LAN. It’s a handy tool to know what’s happening on a connected PC at any given time and to allow users to quickly stop unwanted Internet communications.
- Events Logging. The Log Viewer provides a detailed and complete history of computer activity, enabling you to review what's happened on a computer in the past or pinpoint a problem early on and correct it. Customized logging ensures you get only the information you want from Outpost, disregarding repetitive or irrelevant events. You can even configure exclusions for certain types of communications, such as NetBIOS or P2P traffic.
- Self-protection. Today's malware frequently seeks to shut down security software to simplify its infection process. Outpost 4.0 incorporates protection for all its components, making it impossible for anyone except the authorized user to disable or close Outpost protection.
- Packet/Application filtering. By implementing process-based data filtering, Outpost serves as a virtual checkpoint for incoming and outgoing application data. Based on certain common attributes or according to specific user instructions, it automatically configures how each particular application communicates over the LAN or the Internet. Through the use of these application access rules, any unauthorized program can easily be denied Internet access if the circumstances warrant it. Packet filtering is a lower-level filtering technique that lets you select which protocols, ports and remote addresses are allowed to be accessed from your PC.
- Adaptive firewall rules. Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0 includes macro definitions for applications, which enable you to manually define security rules for individual applications and Windows-based services. For example, you can now choose to limit DNS requests to the list of DNS services built into the network adaptor. If DNS is trying to reach an unlisted DNS server, you will be prompted to allow or block this action.
- Support for 64-bit Windows. Outpost Firewall Pro now supports Windows XP 64-bit Edition and is fully compatible with the hardware and software environments of 64-bit computing.
- Identity shield. By customizing blocks of cookie files and external referral URLs, you can maintain a high level of privacy when you visit unfamiliar sites while still allowing trusted sites controlled access to personal information.
- Faster, cleaner surfing. Outpost Firewall Pro lets you limit the elements displayed on web pages, providing content control and faster page displays. You can define the sites that are permitted (or not permitted) to display images, rotate advertising or deliver pop-ups. In this way, any type of unwanted graphical or multimedia content can be restricted.
- Port stealthing. Being visible on the Internet is good only when whoever 'sees' your computer is authorized to do so. Outpost makes sure that your computer is hidden from unauthorized outsiders, protecting it against network probes and attempts to establish unauthorized communication channels..
- Content management. The built-in Content Management module lets you compile a list of words and phrases blocked from being displayed on web sites — a particularly valuable feature for parents who do not want their children exposed to inappropriate content.
*** Ease of Use.
- Effortless installation. Automatic installation takes care of the entire installation process, as well as the initial configuration, and is most suitable for less experienced users. The Installation Wizard, more suitable for users experienced with firewall installation and configuration, allows customization and the selection of specific operational parameters.
- ImproveNet service minimizes ruleset errors. ImproveNet is a network community that brings Outpost users and Agnitum engineers together to share configurations and enable everyone to benefit from Internet access security rules that are universally applicable. By participating in the ImproveNet service, users can adjust their application access rules to protect their most current applications against the latest threats. Because new rules are created and processed on a daily basis, you have access to a continuously updated set of access rules for the most popular Internet-enabled programs. You no longer need to manually create rule sets, the most common way to introduce vulnerabilities to the firewall protection.
- Entertainment mode for uninterrupted gameplay and video viewing. While you play games or watch videos on your PC, Outpost's Entertainment Mode ensures that the firewall won't interrupt you with connection questions, without sacrificing the level of protection. You can customize which applications will automatically activate Entertainment Mode.
- SmartAdvisor instant, context-sensitive help. When ImproveNet doesn't have the answer, SmartAdvisor is always on hand to help you make the right decision when configuring access information for an application.
- Automatic access rules. Outpost automatically configures the computer's network settings and protects it against unauthorized incoming Internet connections. Predefined rules for known applications are created automatically, so you don't need to manually create program access rules for frequently used applications.
- Easy program updates. When an update to Outpost is released, the program's update module automatically retrieves the latest version from the Agnitum server and applies it as soon as you authorize it to do so.
Changes in Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0.1024.700 (June 22, 2007) :
- Error occurred on uninstalling Debug plugin if Outpost Firewall was running installing third-party applications
- Outpost Firewall blocked third-party applications setup programs
- Outpost Firewall now detects attempts to install over the later version
- Outpost Firewall could freeze on starting
- Outpost Firewall could freeze on detecting critical system object change
- Recurring critical system object change could not be detected
- Outpost Firewall could crash if working concurrently with "World of Warcraft"
Рекомендуем посмотреть похожие новости по теме: