Serv-U is a powerful, easy-to-use, award-winning FTP server created by Rob Beckers. An FTP server uses the FTP protocol to share files across the Internet. Serv-U is not only 100% compliant with the current FTP standard, but also includes numerous features unique to Serv-U that make it a perfect file sharing solution for virtually everyone. Flexible FTP server (or Daemon) for all 32-bit versions of MS-Windows (Win95, Win98, WinME, NT, Win2000, Win2003, XP). It turns any PC with a network connection into an FTP site on the Internet. Serv-U makes a vast array of features available to the user that ensures the administrator has full control over their FTP server.
Serv-U offers the following:
- Easy to set up and use.
- A Windows standard, with over 50000 registered users!
- Support for Secure-FTP through SSL/TLS.
- Support for ODBC databases for accounts.
- Lots of security through passwords, read/write/append/modify rights per directory or file for each user (including Anonymous), and access restrictions based on IP address.
- Fast and rock solid!
- Multiple 'virtual' FTP servers can be set up on a single instance of Serv-U.
- Server can be administered remotely.
- Supports S/KEY one-time passwords.
- Can run as a native 'system service' in NT, Windows 2000/2003 and Windows 95/98/ME/XP.
- Support for temporary accounts that are automatically deleted upon expiration.
- Support for UL/DL ratios, disk quota limitations, network bandwidth limiting, and automatic anti-anti-time-out plus anti-hammering measures.
- Full UNC path support.
- Support for virtual paths. Directories or drives can be mapped to any location in a user's directory structure.
- Support for 'links' such as those used in UNIX.
- Full support for all 'ls' directory listing options.
- Support for messages to users, or from users to the server.
- Users can be put into groups for easy maintenance of large numbers.
- A complete implementation of the FTP standard in RFC959, RFC1123, RFC1760, RFC2228, RFC2246, RFC2289, RFC2389 and the Secure-FTP draft.
- Supports resuming of file uploads and downloads.
- Configurable messages for sign-on, sign-off, login, and directory changes.
- Has time-out and time-limit features, so connections are automatically
cleared when idle, hung, or connected too long.
- Easy to setup and maintain through a separate administrator program. For automated maintenance the settings are stored in either an .INI file, registry, or ODBC database of simple format.
- Has an open architecture which makes monitoring, changing and extending the server behavior possible through external DLLs.
- Logs all transactions to file and screen that can be read by other applications. Includes unique session IDs, time, and date stamps.
Serv-U Corporate addresses the need for a business-class FTP server with no limitations and the ability to grow with your business. With this in mind, Serv-U Corporate allows the following:
- ODBC database support
- Integrated SSL Support
- Unlimited domains with an unlimited number of concurrent connections
- Unlimited number of user accounts
- Support for directory mapping and links
- Support of UL/DL ratios and quotas
- Support for remote administration
- Windows User NT-SAM / Active Directory Support
New in Serv-U™:
Windows User NT-SAM/Active Directory. Serv-U focuses on the needs of our Corporate customers by adding Windows User NT-SAM / Active Directory support. If you're supporting FTP transfers in a corporate environment you can now use Serv-U to support your users with little or no configuration changes. Simply install Serv-U, create a new Windows User domain, and Serv-U is supporting all of your Windows user's FTP needs.
ODBC Database Support. Serv-U now supports integration with ODBC databases. This addition makes it easy to import large user databases in to Serv-U while maintaining the server computer's current infrastructure for maintaining the user database and settings.
XCRC Support. Nothing's worse than successfully completing the download of a file from a server that doesn't work! It forces you to begin the arduous process of figuring out if the download was corrupted or if the source file has a problem. With XCRC command support, you can quickly verify that the file you downloaded/uploaded is identical to the source file.
Asymmetric Bandwidth Throttling. Internet connections are rarely symmetric in terms of speeds so why should a server assume they are? With Serv-U, you can now specify separate bandwidth throttling levels for upload and download speeds.
User Level SSL Control. Not every FTP user is created equal and no software knows that better than Serv-U! With the added ability to require an SSL connection for specific user accounts, you can ensure that "superusers" who connect to your server maintain a high level of security without forcing every other user to adapt as well.
Speed Enhancements. Serv-U contains a variety of performance enhancements that makes Serv-U faster than ever. We've tweaked and improved code that speeds up connections and improves various cached data elements.
More Improvements & Enhancements
* Individual domains can be placed online/offline.
* Improved dialog "apply" and "restore" functionality.
* Improved support for Windows 2003.
* Added support for CLNT command.
Changes in Serv-U FTP Server 184.108.40.206:
- includes unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
Homepage - http://www.serv-u.com/
Размер: 2.06 MB
Рекомендуем посмотреть похожие новости по теме: